June 30, 2020
Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año ordered the policemen involved in the alleged shootout with four Army soldiers, two of them officers, in Jolo Monday disarmed and placed under custody of the provincial director.
Año gave the order to disarm and restrict the policemen to Philippine National Police chief General Archie Francisco Gamboa.
The four were shot dead near the Jolo Central Fire Station. Police claim it was in self-defense while the Army says otherwise.
''This is a very unfortunate incident that should have not happened. The AFP and PNP have been working closely in the fight against the terrorists,'' said Año, a former chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
''I want to know what really happened. No stone must be left unturned,'' added Año.
Año said the policemen will be investigated by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group. He added that he ordered a parallel investigation by the National Bureau of Investigation. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine