October 25, 2017
Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff General Eduardo Ano is set to end his military service Thursday.
Ano, who will reach his mandatory retirement age of 56, will relinquish his post during the retirement and change of command ceremony in Camp Aguinaldo.
Aside from President Rodrigo Duterte who will lead the ceremony, the event will be attended by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and other military and defense officials.
As of late Thursday, the Office of the President has not announced Ano's replacement. Lorenzana admitted he does not have an idea who will be the next AFP Chief of Staff.
“I don’t know yet. Let us just attend the turnover tomorrow,” Lorenzana said in a message to the Daily Manila Shimbun.
Lorenzana had said among the contenders to replace Ano include Western Mindanao Command Chief Lt. Gen. Carlito Galvez and Lt. Gen. Rey Leonardo Guerrero, the chief of Eastern Mindanao Command.
Galvez, a graduate of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Class 1985, is set to retire on December 12, 2018. Guerrero, who belongs to PMA Class 1984 ,will reach his retirement age of 56 this December. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA