August 1, 2020
For the third straight day, the Department of Health (DOH) said Saturday new coronavirus cases set record highs.
New COVID-19 cases reached 4,963, surpassing 4,063 new cases last Friday.
This, therefore, brings the total number of COVID-19 cases in the country to 98,232. Active cases reached 30, 928 of which 88.9 percent are mild, 9.2 percent are asymptomatic, severe 1.1 percent and critical 0.8 percent.
Of the new cases, majority came from the National Capital Region (NCR) with 2,667 followed by Cavite 405, Cebu 355, Laguna 324 and Rizal 252.
Seventeen deaths from COVID-19 were recorded, bringing the total to 2,039 fatalities.
Ninety-three patients overcame COVID-19, with total recoveries at 65,265. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine