Damage in Surigao earthquake tops P100 million
February 13, 2017
The estimated damage to properties caused by the magnitude 6.7 earthquake in Surigao City Friday night has surpassed more than a hundred million pesos, the National Risk Reduction and Management Council said on Monday.
In a press briefing, Romina Marasigan, council spokesman, said estimated damage to infrastructure in the province of Surigao del Norte has reached to P108,450,000.
These includes damage on road of P14. 25 miillion, P89.2 million on bridges and P 5million on the Caraga Regional Hospital.
Eight persons were reported dead with 202 persons injured; Marasigan said. The departments of interior and local government and health said the death of four persons were related to the earthquake. The deaths of four other victims were still being validated.
Marasigan said a total of 1,034 houses in the province of Surigao del Norte were affected of which 155 were destroyed and 879 are partially damaged.
She said the agency also recorded 12 school facilities, five road sections and six bridges damaged within the province.
Marasigan said the initial relief goods that were transported by C-130 aircraft last Sunday has been transferred to the Caraga region’s social welfare department for distribution.
Because of the Surigao airport is closed, goods were airlifted to Butuan City's Bancasi Airport early Sunday morning, and then transported it to Surigao City.
The relief goods include 150 solar lamps, 30,000 pieces of high-energy biscuits, 10 generator sets, 4,090 bars of brown rice, 100 rolls of laminated sacks, 2,000 plastic mats, 2,000 pieces of mosquito nets, and 2,000 blankets. Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA