Duterte calls response vs COVID-19 ”far from perfect”
July 27, 2020
President Rodrigo Duterte admitted on Monday that the government's response to restrain the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been ''far from perfect.''
In his State of the Nation Address (SONA) on Monday, Duterte said: ''Actions have been far from perfect... There could be improvements.''
''All of us in government, including myself. assure you we will not stop until we things right and better for you,'' he added.
The Philippines reported 82, 040 cases, of which 53.469 are active, the Department of Health said Monday.
Duterte earlier in his speech said he asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to provide the Philippines credit once China has developed a vaccine vs COVID-19. DMS
Latest Videos
- THE UNTOLD STORY EXPERT INSIGHTS INTO THE UKRAINE
- NEGOTIATING A NEW ORDER US RUSSIA TALKS ON UKRAIN
- Ukraine: A Pawn in the Geopolitical Game? Will Trump Intervene?
- US VP VANCE CRITICIZES EUROPEAN DEMOCRACIES AT MUNICH SECURITY CONFERENCE
- UNCOVERING THE WEB OF DECEIT: CIA INFILTRATION OF THE MEDIA
- SHIFTING SANDS: TULSI GABBARD’S CONFIRMATION AND THE EVOLVING GLOBAL LANDSCAPE
- FAUCI SCANDAL: A THREAT TO GLOBAL HEALTH AND DEMOCRACY