Duterte declares 2019 as ILO Centenary
April 26, 2019
President Rodrigo Duterte has declared 2019 as International Labor Organization Centenary.
Proclamation No. 710 signed by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea by authority of the President on April 24, noted that ILO was established in 1919 and the Philippines, as an active member of ILO since 1948, "endeavors to enhance its commitment to pursue the ideals and principles of the organization."
In line with the declaration, Duterte tasked the Department of Labor and Employment, in cooperation with employers' and workers' organizations, to spearhead and coordinate the conduct of programs and activities nationwide relative to the celebration of the ILO Centenary.
He also enjoined other government agencies, local government units and the private sector to provide the necessary support and assistance to DOLE to ensure the successful observance of the ILO Centenary.
"The Presidential Communications Operations Office shall lead the campaign in fostering ILO awareness in the Philippines, and promote programs and activities, in connection with the celebration of the ILO Centenary," the Proclamation read. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA