March 29, 2017
President Rodrigo Duterte said on Wednesday that an executive order on smoking ban will be out in the coming months.
Duterte announced this during his speech in Socorro, Oriental Mindoro as he told the audience some of his ailments, including Buerger's Disease, which he got due to smoking.
"My oxygenation is not good because of smoking. That is why in the coming months, we will be implementing the no smoking law in the Philippines," Duterte said.
In jest, Duterte said people would only be allowed to smoke in "the open sea at least five kilometers from the coastal shore."
The venue of the president's event in Socorro was a coastal area.
Duterte earlier ordered Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial to prepare an executive order provides smoke-free environment in public places similar to the ordinance in Davao City where he led for about 23 years. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA