Duterte to declare martial law if people want
January 30, 2017
President Rodrigo Duterte said he would declare martial law if the people would ask for it.
But Duterte said he is satisfied with how the government security forces have been handling the peace and order situation amid terror threats, particularly in Mindanao.
"When the time comes that the people will ask for it (martial law declaration), I will give it," he said in a press conference in Malacanang early Monday.
Duterte has declared an all-out war against suspected local terrorists, who allegedly have link with the Islamic State, in Lanao del Sur.
He identified Abu Sayyaf leader Isnilon Hapilon as the "top honcho" of ISIS in the Philippines. Hapilon was reportedly badly wounded in the military's airstrike last Wednesday in Butig, Lanao del Sur.
Duterte, in previous speeches, said he might declare martial law if lawlessness in the country worsens. But his pronouncement drew criticisms from different sectors. Celerina Monte/ DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA