March 26, 2020
Health Secretary Francisco Duque said on Thursday that the effect of the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease could be seen after '' the next two weeks''.
In a virtual press conference, the Department of Health chief said that the COVID-19 infections happened when there was no ECQ yet.
"The cases being monitored by the Department of Health were before the start of the enhanced community quarantine," he said, explaining that the incubation period for COVID-19 is seven to 14 days.
"We can only see the effect of the enhanced community quarantine after the next two weeks," Duque said.
President Rodrigo Duterte declared a month-long ECQ on March 16 to restrict movement among the people in Luzon to prevent further spread of COVID-19.
As of Thursday afternoon, the DOH reported 707 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 45 deaths and 28 recoveries. Celerina Monte/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine