Napolcom recommends to Duterte 42 SAF troopers for Medal of Valor
February 7, 2017
It may have taken two years since the Mamaspano incident but the 42 other Special Action Force policemen who died in that operation have been recommended by the National Police Commission (Napolcom) to receive the Philippine National Police (PNP) Medal of Valor.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Napolcom recommended to President Rodrigo Duterte the conferment of the Medal of Valor-Posthumous (Medalya ng Kagitingan) on the 42 Special Action Force (SAF) troopers who died during a police operation in Mamasapano, Maguindanao on January 25, 2015.
The recommendation was dated January 31. The 42 were previously awarded with the PNP Distinguished Conduct Medal-Posthumous on November 25, 2015.
Rogelio Casurao, Napolcom vice-chairman and executive officer said two of the SAF 44 heroes were conferred with the PNP Medal of Valor-Posthumous on January 25, 2016.
“They were Police Chief Inspector Gednat Tabdi, the team leader of Team 1 of the Main Effort 1, 84th Special Action Company, and PO2 Romeo Cempron, the lead gunner of the Main Effort 2, 55th Special Action Company,” he said
“While the Napolcom is committed to cleanse the PNP of rogue cops, it also continues to recognize commendable acts, self-sacrifice and bravery of our police officers. We will never forget the SAF 44 heroes. It is only right and just to award all of them with the highest recognition, the Medal of Valor,” he added.
Under Republic Act No. 9049, an act granting monthly gratuity and privileges to an awardee of Medal of Valor, the Medal of Valor awardees are entitled to a lifetime monthly pension of 20,000.00 with several incentives and special privileges.
Casurao said among benefits received by the 44 SAF troopers from the Napolcom were one-rank posthumous promotion, gratuity and pension for their families, and Napolcom scholarship grant for their children.
The 44 police commandos were killed during the police operation that also led to the successful neutralization of Zulkifli Bin Hir alyas Marwan in Mamasapano on January 25, 2015.
Marwan is one of the most wanted terrorists and bomb makers in Southeast Asia with five million dollar bounty in the rewards for justice program of the US Department of State and 7.4 million pesos under a joint order of the Department of National Defense – Department of Interior and Local Government (DND-DILG). Robina Asido/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA