October 19, 2017
Malacanang expressed hope on Thursday that opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV gave an impartial information about the situation in the Philippines to the United States' officials whom he talked with during his recent trip there.
In a press briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said the Palace was not aware of Trillanes' purpose in going to the US.
"On whether the senator went to the US to ask some sectors to convince the US President not to visit, the Palace is not privy to that," he said.
US President Donald Trump is expected to attend in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations meetings in Manila in November.
"However, the Office of Senator Marco Rubio confirmed the meeting of Senator Trillanes with the Florida senator, who has been critical of the Philippines’ anti-drug war. Per Senator Rubio’s Press Office, the two senators talked about issues concerning PH-US alliance, combating corruption, protecting human rights amid the government’s campaign [against illegal drugs]," Abella said.
"We do hope that the correct information has been given and not biased information designed to adversely affect US-Philippine relations," he stressed. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA