March 31, 2017
Malacanang would not interfere in the feud between two lawmakers who are allies of President Rodrigo Duterte.
In a press briefing on Friday, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said it would be up to House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez and Davao del Norte Representative Antonio Floirendo Jr. to settle their problem.
"Let's put it this way, this is a personal matter between two men. The Palace will allow them to settle it privately between themselves," he said.
The two congressmen are friends of Duterte as Floirendo was the biggest campaign contributor of the President.
Alvarez and Floirendo are engaged in a squabble after their girlfriends were allegedly figured in an "altercation" during a festival in Bacolod.
Alvarez also filed a complaint against Floirendo before the Office of the Ombudsman on the alleged anomalies on the latter's business deal with the Bureau of Corrections on the use of land for banana plantation.
Floirendo, on the other hand, was allegedly involved in the move to oust Alvarez as the House speaker. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA