March 26, 2020
The number of confirmed coronavirus disease cases in the Philippines has breached the 700 level while the death toll has risen to 45, the Department of Health said on Thursday.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, in a press conference, said that 71 new cases were reported as of Thursday afternoon, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 707.
He also reported two new recoveries, bringing the total number of patients who have recovered to 28.
The DOH chief appealed to the public not to put stigma to the persons under investigation or monitoring and to the health workers.
Of the 45 fatalities, Duque said six of them were doctors.
He assured government assistance to all the health workers, including the families of those who perished during this time of COVID-19 crisis. Celerina Monte/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine