October 26, 2017
The Philippine government is eyeing zero crime incident as over 33,000 police will be deployed when the country hosts the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit and Related Summits next month.
In a press briefing in Malacanang, National Capital Region Police Office chief Director Oscar Albayalde said Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa have ordered suspension of the permit to carry firearms from November 1-15 in Metro Manila, Bulacan and Pampanga where the ASEAN-related activities will be held.
"There would be temporary suspension of the permit to carry outside the residence of firearms from November 1 to 15," Albayalde said.
He also said the NCRPO will be augmented by police personnel from Regions I to V, Cordillera and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
"It is our prayers that as we have recorded zero crime incident with the 203 concluded meetings in NCR, this final event will be as peaceful and as incident-free as we complete the hosting of the 31st ASEAN Summit," Albayalde said.
He admitted that security forces are monitoring possible retaliatory attack of supporters of Islamic State-inspired Maute terror group.
"The threat on terrorism remains due to the possible retaliatory attacks from threat groups supportive of the Maute-ISIS and possible isolated atrocities from the CPP-NPA-NDF (Communist Party of the Philippines-New People's Army-National Democratic Front) to embarrass the government," he said.
Albayalde said the government forces are specifically monitoring the vicinity of the airport in Paranaque City, Quiapo and Baseco in Manila, and Maharlika Village in Quezon City.
But so far, he said "intelligence monitoring shows no clear or imminent danger on any planned terrorist attack that could disrupt this historic event."
"Our send-off ceremony will be on November 5. That will also serve as the final accounting of personnel. And the full deployment of our contingents will be from November 10 to 15 or until the last delegate depart our country," Albayalde said.
The Task Group Manila under NCRPO is tasked to secure venues, routes, billets of the world leaders and delegates and maintain public order during the duration of the entire summit, he said.
"We assure the public, both locally and internationally, that Metro Manila is safe and secured and is ready to receive our distinguished 22 foreign leaders and more or less 3,000 delegates who will be gracing our country for the 31st ASEAN Summit," Albayalde added, noting that the PNP will continue to be in full alert.
As the leaders would land at Clark, Pampanga, traffic going to Manila will be stopped 15 minutes before and five minutes after each of them pass the routes, he said. Celerina Monte/DMS
- US STATES BANNING ABORTION A VICTORY FOR CONSERVATIVE or A LOST OF WOMEN’S RIGHT
- WHO: MASS VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED FOR MONKEYPOX AT THIS TIME
- GEORGE SOROS AS UKRAINE PUPPET MASTER
- WILL MONKEYPOX BE DECLARED AS AN ‘Emergency of International Concern’ BY WHO
- WHO RUN THE WORLD? BLACKROCK?
- WAR WITH RUSSIA: US MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SELECTIVE & MISLEADING? – STEPHEN COHEN
- BILL GATES THE BIGGEST FUNDER OF WHO DR VANDAN SHIVA