Philippines sends notice terminating VFA with US: Locsin
February 11, 2020
Foreign Affairs Secrteary Teodoro Locsin Jr. on Tuesday signed and sent the Philippines' notice of termination of the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) with the United States.
Locsin made the announcement in a Twitter post and confirmed that the US Embassy have the copy of the notice.
"The Deputy Chief of Mission of the Embassy of the United States has received the notice of termination of the Visiting Forces Agreement," he said.
"As a diplomatic courtesy there wil be no further announcements following this self-explanatory development," he added.
An earlier statement by Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Brigido Dulay said the notice had been signed by Locsin on the order of President Rodrigo Duterte thru Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
Latest Videos
- THE UNTOLD STORY EXPERT INSIGHTS INTO THE UKRAINE
- NEGOTIATING A NEW ORDER US RUSSIA TALKS ON UKRAIN
- Ukraine: A Pawn in the Geopolitical Game? Will Trump Intervene?
- US VP VANCE CRITICIZES EUROPEAN DEMOCRACIES AT MUNICH SECURITY CONFERENCE
- UNCOVERING THE WEB OF DECEIT: CIA INFILTRATION OF THE MEDIA
- SHIFTING SANDS: TULSI GABBARD’S CONFIRMATION AND THE EVOLVING GLOBAL LANDSCAPE
- FAUCI SCANDAL: A THREAT TO GLOBAL HEALTH AND DEMOCRACY