August 1, 2020
Six alleged Abu Sayyaf members and three soldiers were killed while three soldiers were wounded in a clash in Sulu on Friday morning.
Maj. Arvin Encinas, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Western Mindanao Command spokesman. said the clash occurred at the vicinity of Barangay Taong, Patikul municipality at 11am.
Encinas said troops of 32nd Infantry Battalion were conducting security operation when they were fired upon.
"Exchange of fires ensued which resulted in the death of six enemies," he said.
Maj. Gen. Corleto Vinluan, JTF Sulu commander, said: "It is with deep sadness to report that three of our brave soldiers succumbed to death while defending the people of Sulu."
"We seek for prayers for the eternal repose of their souls and for the speedy recovery of the wounded soldiers," he added.
Encinas said troops recovered the bodies of three of the six alleged Abu Sayyaf members.
He said the wounded soldiers were evacuated to Kuta Heneral Teodulfo Bautista Station Hospital.
Lt. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, WestMinCom chief, said "the men and women of WestMinCom commiserate with the bereaved families of our fallen heroes who dedicated their life serving their beloved country."
"Our forces from the JTF Sulu are determined to pursue the fleeing enemies in honor of their fallen comrades," he added.
Encinas said identities of the slain terrorists are yet to be determined while those of the military casualties are withheld pending notification to their next of kin. Robina Asido/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine