Sotto insists rebate must be imposed on Manila Water
March 19, 2019
Senate President Vicente Sotto III said on Tuesday that rebates should be imposed on the concessionaire Manila Water after their customers in east zone of Metro Manila struggled with weak supply last week.
"The lightest penalty is rebate, the lowest is rebate," Sotto told the reporters.
"They should admit that when you mean rebate, it's the same as penalty or a fine," he added.
During the Senate hearing, Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) chief regulator Patrick Ty explained they can impose fines and penalty on the water concessionaire, a seeming departure from his statement during the House probe on Monday.
Ty added that MWSS is studying the penalty which will be charged to Manila Water. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
Latest Videos
- THE UNTOLD STORY EXPERT INSIGHTS INTO THE UKRAINE
- NEGOTIATING A NEW ORDER US RUSSIA TALKS ON UKRAIN
- Ukraine: A Pawn in the Geopolitical Game? Will Trump Intervene?
- US VP VANCE CRITICIZES EUROPEAN DEMOCRACIES AT MUNICH SECURITY CONFERENCE
- UNCOVERING THE WEB OF DECEIT: CIA INFILTRATION OF THE MEDIA
- SHIFTING SANDS: TULSI GABBARD’S CONFIRMATION AND THE EVOLVING GLOBAL LANDSCAPE
- FAUCI SCANDAL: A THREAT TO GLOBAL HEALTH AND DEMOCRACY