URGENT Cabinet meets on concerns of medical community
August 1, 2020
Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea convened a meeting of the Cabinet,National Task Force Chief Implementer Carlito Galvez and the anti-COVID czar Saturday night.
The meeting, said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, will address concerns of the medical community.
''Recommendations from the aforesaid meeting will also be submitted tonight for the President's review,'' said Roque.
Earlier in the day, medical societies wrote President Rodrigo Duterte asking him to place the National Capital Region under enhanced community quarantine once more following a surge in new coronavirus disease cases.
The Department of Health said daily new COVID-19 cases soared to a record high for the third straight day, with total cases nearing 100,000.
New cases were reported at 4,963, placing the total at 98,232. Active cases, however, were at 30, 928. DMS
Latest Videos
- THE UNTOLD STORY EXPERT INSIGHTS INTO THE UKRAINE
- NEGOTIATING A NEW ORDER US RUSSIA TALKS ON UKRAIN
- Ukraine: A Pawn in the Geopolitical Game? Will Trump Intervene?
- US VP VANCE CRITICIZES EUROPEAN DEMOCRACIES AT MUNICH SECURITY CONFERENCE
- UNCOVERING THE WEB OF DECEIT: CIA INFILTRATION OF THE MEDIA
- SHIFTING SANDS: TULSI GABBARD’S CONFIRMATION AND THE EVOLVING GLOBAL LANDSCAPE
- FAUCI SCANDAL: A THREAT TO GLOBAL HEALTH AND DEMOCRACY