August 1, 2020
Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea convened a meeting of the Cabinet,National Task Force Chief Implementer Carlito Galvez and the anti-COVID czar Saturday night.
The meeting, said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, will address concerns of the medical community.
''Recommendations from the aforesaid meeting will also be submitted tonight for the President's review,'' said Roque.
Earlier in the day, medical societies wrote President Rodrigo Duterte asking him to place the National Capital Region under enhanced community quarantine once more following a surge in new coronavirus disease cases.
The Department of Health said daily new COVID-19 cases soared to a record high for the third straight day, with total cases nearing 100,000.
New cases were reported at 4,963, placing the total at 98,232. Active cases, however, were at 30, 928. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine