The Daily Manila Shimbun

 

Two civilians hurt in attack by alleged NPAs in Sorsogon

March 9, 2020

Two civilians were hurt after alleged members of New People’s Army (NPA) attacked government forces in Sorsogon over the weekend. Capt. John Paul Belleza, public information officer of the 9th Infantry Division, said based on initial report the Community Support

READ MORE

Gamboa rules out sabotage in chopper crash

March 9, 2020

The chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday ruled out the possibility of sabotage after the helicopter they were riding crashed in San Pedro, Laguna last week. “I don’t believe so. For me personally, I’m convinced (it’s an

READ MORE

PSG to enforce “no-touch policy” for Duterte

March 9, 2020

The Presidential Security Group ( PSG) said on Monday that it would implement a “no-touch policy” between President Rodrigo Duterte and the public as part of “preventive measure” amid the spread of coronavirus disease in the Philippines. PSG chief Colonel

READ MORE

Duterte declares state of public health emergency following COVID-19 local transmission

March 9, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte has issued a proclamation declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the Philippines following the confirmed local transmission of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country. “The outbreak of COVID-19 constitutes an emergency and threatens national security

READ MORE

DOH reports four new COVID-19 patients; cases up to 10

March 9, 2020

The Department of Health (DOH) Sunday reported four new confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to ten. Samples from all the new confirmed cases were tested March 7,

READ MORE

DOH reports four new COVID-19 patients; cases up to 10

March 9, 2020

The Department of Health (DOH) reported four new confirmed cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to ten (10). Samples from all the new confirmed cases were tested yesterday, March

READ MORE

62-year-old man positive for COVID-19 in ”guarded condition”: DOH

March 9, 2020

A 62-year-old man who tested positive of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) remains critical while his wife, who has the same virus, is in stable condition, an official of the Department of Health (DOH) said Sunday. In a television interview,

READ MORE

Malacanang to release EO declaring public health emergency on COVID-19

March 8, 2020

Malacanang on Sunday said President Rodrigo Duterte’s executive order declaring a public health emergency over the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak will be released by Monday. In a radio interview over Radyo Inquirer, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said he will

READ MORE