The Daily Manila Shimbun

 

Baguio cancels Panagbenga parades

March 9, 2020

BAGUIO CITY  — Baguio Flower Festival’s major events were cancelled Monday afternoon after a closed-door meeting of the inter-agency task force on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong. The inter-agency task force is composed of

READ MORE

PNP says no evidence Chinese soldiers in the country

March 9, 2020

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday said there is still no evidence that Chinese soldiers are in the country. In a press briefing, PNP chief Police General Archie Francisco Gamboa was asked if there is evidence on the claim

READ MORE

PNP taps medical officer to report on chopper crew still in hospital

March 9, 2020

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will designate a medical officer who will give updates on the condition of two generals who remain unconscious after they met an accident in San Pedro, Laguna last Friday. In a press briefing at Camp

READ MORE

PSE index ends nearly 460 points lower

March 9, 2020

The Philippine Stock Exchange ( PSE) index fell 6.76 percent to end at 6,312.61 points, down 457.77 points on Monday. In the broader market, there were 204 losers, 30 gainers and 23 unchanged. Volume reached 1.15 billion shares worth P6.31

READ MORE

Two civilians hurt in attack by alleged NPAs in Sorsogon

March 9, 2020

Two civilians were hurt after alleged members of New People’s Army (NPA) attacked government forces in Sorsogon over the weekend. Capt. John Paul Belleza, public information officer of the 9th Infantry Division, said based on initial report the Community Support

READ MORE

Gamboa rules out sabotage in chopper crash

March 9, 2020

The chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday ruled out the possibility of sabotage after the helicopter they were riding crashed in San Pedro, Laguna last week. “I don’t believe so. For me personally, I’m convinced (it’s an

READ MORE

PSG to enforce “no-touch policy” for Duterte

March 9, 2020

The Presidential Security Group ( PSG) said on Monday that it would implement a “no-touch policy” between President Rodrigo Duterte and the public as part of “preventive measure” amid the spread of coronavirus disease in the Philippines. PSG chief Colonel

READ MORE

Duterte declares state of public health emergency following COVID-19 local transmission

March 9, 2020

President Rodrigo Duterte has issued a proclamation declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the Philippines following the confirmed local transmission of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country. “The outbreak of COVID-19 constitutes an emergency and threatens national security

READ MORE